I have not made any updates recently, but I am still slowly working on things. Life happens and I have had to step back from my projects for a bit. I hope to get back into the swing of things soon though.
For those of you following along, I thank you very much!
Another Test Room video showing progress with scripting and animation.
– Blade Traps: All four variants are working as expected so far. Need to add sounds to the animation though.
– Sliding Block: Setup now to move the block in a direction depending on how you face when pushing it. Needs work, the facing direction part.
– Direction facing: Very primitive stand-in version for the top-down view controls. What is in place now is only for demo.
– Locked Doors: Key pickup, unlock, sound etc. is working. Animation needs work.
– Bombable Walls: Working great, need to mess with the debris and how it is blown out of the wall
– HUD: Got the jist of it down, text updating key and bomb counts. New “Push” and “Open” options, will be working on this so it does not interfere with combat and so “B” button items cannot be used at the same time as a Push or Open command.
– To come:
Working HUD Map, Working HP Bar, Room to Room Camera Movement (Top Down)
Basement Room. Need to get the model I had for the basement updated in Blender and imported into Unity.
– Issues: The turning and movement of Link is wonky, learning animation and such will help though. Unity still does odd things with scaling, so learning how to deal with that and resetting the origin of objects
Continuing to test things. Got blade traps going, a UI and tracking of Key and Bomb counts, door animations working now, new buttons show when you can “Open” a locked door or “Push” a block. Need to get this figured out though, I need to prevent the use of items while the Push and Open options are available.